How NOT to become a BOOTY-CALL!!

Being on this single journey of mine... I've become a "go-to for advice" Chic... And I must admit, I've always given great advice. And lately, I have become a better listener! (I don't interrupt the speaker--as much)! I tend to do that.. I also TAKE & USE my own advice! (Yessssss, even when it hurts)... Anyway, I have recieved a lot of emails from the ladies about BOOTY CALLS... Now one in particular hit home. I will not call names or give too much detail, because it was painful enough when I called her back and we both shed tears... I shed tears because I felt her pain really..

The female was a friend of the guy. They both expressed feelings of like towards one another and shared fun times together. But he told her nothing of wanting a RELATIONSHIP. And that is where a lot of chaos comes in. LACK of COMMUNICATION and UNDERSTANDING. Women and Men need to do those two things in order for a friendship/relationship to work. If you are going to be friends, understand and draw the line to what that IS, before the lines are crossed and a "CRAZY" is created. This particular female, understood that there was a friendship, but had hoped for a relationship, and got all confused once that line of SEX was crossed. Oh yeah, because of the lack of communication and not saying and asking the questions she needed to protect feelings, she was hurt. She realized later on, that it was a sexual relationship he wanted with her, while he sought after someone else for a relationship.

So how not to become a Booty Call:

1) YOU make sure of what you are seeking from the guy when you even forgo forward to talking to him. There is nothing wrong with stating what YOU want up front. Saves you from waisting time.

2) When it seems as if or even feels as if, your wants and needs are not being met, there is no comprimising. LEAVE IT BE.

3) When the conversations leave "Pleasantland" and "Naughtytalk" becomes the norm (and you aren't comfortable with where its going) speak up!

4) Sex persistantly is the only convo, this person brings to you, or they only want to chat late hours of the night: (that late phone call: I just wanted to know are you woke, ie its 3am or I'm leaving the club, I wanted to stop by and say Hello) <<--- Dude wTf...

5) Just say Helllll NAWLLL <<-- Yes, I said it correctly! You have a choice...

Those are just five suggestions of mines. Some of you may have been there, some of you may be there, and some of you may have never been there, just know someone who has...We are all grown, and have those choices to make if we want to be apart of that type of lifestyle. You have the right to choose the type of relationship you desire. If sex is all you want, Hey, good for you! (I'm not judging...but I am suggesting ways that you not become a booty call, if you don't want to be one.) I am aware that it is 2012; and some are perfectly fine with being just that! and if that floats your Boat....Paddle it well!!

Comments

Popular Posts