Giving Back!!

        A few months ago, March 2011, I was able to donate books to my former High School, Francis Marion High (Marion, AL). It was a small, yet huge thing to do; but giving back is KEY. Whether it's items, money, or time; it all makes a difference. It was good to be welcomed back warmly and even walk the halls after being gone 11 years. The kids and teachers were all elated to have me there, but I was more so elated, than they were. Although it was books and time I donated; the feeling that I was able to leave GOOD WORDS of POSITIVITY with our youth...was Priceless. So find time to give back. Volunteer, Mentor, Donate goods, just make [our] communities and youth better for tomorrow!

(Pictured to my right, Mrs. Cleveland, librarian--a former teacher, who is still molding bright futures)

Comments

Popular Posts