What's Blackness??

I recently went to forum discussing the Willie Lynch Letter. If you are not familiar with this letter, it details how to keep the slave mentality going for generations to come within the African American community. Me, I think there is some truth to it, but only if you allow it to be. While at this forum, I heard the term Blackness being put to question. What is Blackness? How Black are you? Now as a Black woman (when I am among friends and joking, I like to say, I am not black but caramel--LOL) I find it funny to question the blackness of a person when you see clearly they are african decent. I mean, you see I am black, clearly I am not white?!? But that question is deeper than that. It is about where you live, what's your mentality on issues, how you dress, what is your preference of food, you speech, etc. I mean that term Blackness defines a sorta character element that is almost unexplainable. Because at the end of MY DAY. I don't care about your area of residence. You can live in GREYSTONE and still help those in need in Norwood (Marko B's hood) or in Sprott (my Country Hood- okay, just a small country place)...Still the point is, We as blacks are always trying to segregate amongs ourselves while as the same time missing the total picture:: OUR PEOPLE, esp our children are lacking because we have our priorities in the wrong places.

In the meantime: I do want to leave you with this question: What Kind of Slave are you?

There is more to come of this series and there will be many other forums brought to you by @yourWOOness featuring full panel and of course the Skool of Hip Hop panel...

Don't forget to Follow here and on twitter and check out @yourWooness on twitter too!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts