I got Schooled by the YOUNG SKOOL Today :-)

Today I was giving my young people some Character ED. Telling them how to deal with people that they may encounter in the real world. Most often times, they begin to see that I really am as COOL as my Friends think I am. I mean, I have to be Kinda mean, I am an EDUCATOR, and our youth will take that and run with it, if you know what I mean.

During the conversation, we were talking about fake people. I told them of an encounter and how I usually offer the "Hi" & "Bye" and keep it moving... So the thematic minds of the youth, took it deeper.. They said, "what if that person you no longer deals with has death in their family would you offer your condolences?" At first I said, "NO"...They went into Panic!! Ms. McCarroll that is WRONG... (Remind you, these are 11th graders)... I explained saying, "No I would not because I am not in that person's circle and niether are they apart of mines, so offering condolences in their time of grief would be false and fake...and I, am neither of those!" They reminded that although I may not be apart of that person's life, what is wrong with the kind gesture that is to be brought forth from the simpleness of it.

I like to think that I am an adult, but after being told that by our youth, I like to say that I am a better adult and have chosen to better handle other adults in the same light. Yes, there are people we are going to not want to be associated with. Yes, there are people that are going to be the worst individuals we encounter, but someone has to always remain the well balanced adult in the situation. And as one of my Kids reminded me (Don't let one monkey, stop the show). So in order for me to grow, I have to let things completely go. Do my part and let the rest show.

ALL of our kids are not the bright future seek...But all in all they are the future and we sometimes have to listen and learn from them. SO just take the time and let them lead the way!

Comments

Popular Posts