Double Standard Society...

Some unfortunate events can happen to some every now and again. A slip of a word, an emotion that boils over, or a mishap of information into the wrong hands, to mention the least. It is common; but when you have specific title, it will set up for a double standard. For instance any public figure (mayor, teacher, rapper, writer, congressman, POTUS, etc. automatically becomes a role model to say the least. The difference is, the people view it totally different. I have worked with the public for a while now and have seen how "the people" dictate what one should do... For instance, I previously taught HIGH SCHOOL for 5 years. In between that time, I wrote a book: ONCE A BAD GIRL! When professionals in the educational realm take notice of my title of book...They immediately apply that to ME and make me larger than TEACHER... It once "ticked" me off, but see I know my purpose and it isn't to be binded by the classroom and its many hypocrisies! (YES, I SAID THAT)!! My purpose is to write and motivate individuals who may not know how to see beyond there current circumstance.

But so many of  "US" have forgotton where in which we have came! We are "so educated" until we are stupid. We wear our degrees on our forehead and when we encounter youth that are exhibiting depictions from our former past, we don't even acknowledge it. YEAH--I SAID THAT!!  You teach by "DO AS I SAY!" yet the youth of today, Learn by "DO AS WE SEE!" Education is beyond the classroom. And if you are so busy relying on that, you are GONNA LOOSE! You can't have a double standard of life when you are molding the future. You can't be all BOOK and then BLANK about what the youth see. THEY SEE FAKE all day, simply because PLIES and BOOSIE telling them about the fake and phony ALL DAY... so you need to incorporate some of that past into your present! There will always be a double standard. TRUE in most instances. But some aren't unexceptable. Some would have me to choose, one way or the other. I realized that I am a good teacher, but I am a better/speaker and what I have isn't confined to a classroom. I am who I AM. YOU have to be too, or you are selling yourself short.

NOW don't get me wrong, the double standard exists in the man/woman relationship. No matter how hard you try to say differently, you will find yourself in a never ending battle. A man is a player...and a woman will be a HO'... Hands down! Not my whole take on it, but when society is done with it, that'll surely be the case!

Comments

Popular Posts